This post is sponsored by Amazon in partnership with Forward Influence. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Costumes are such a fun way to play- at Halloween and year-round. Zac is big on playing dress-up, and he’s always excited to get a new costume. When I heard about Amazon Prime Boxtumes, I had the idea to make one for Zac!
Amazon Prime Boxtumes are a fun and easy way to make a new costume. All you need to make a Boxtume is an Amazon smile box and some supplies that you have laying around the house- in this case, some paint, a paint roller, and some paintbrushes!
If you have an Amazon smile box laying around, you can easily make a fun Jack in the Box costume! Here’s how to do it:
Jack in the Box Costume
Paint- at least 3 colors
Jester/Clown hat- we used this one
1. Cut a hole in the bottom of the box that can fit your child. I found it easier to have Zac step into the box and pull it up, so the hole doesn’t have to be big enough to go over their head.
2. Paint the box sides in alternating colors, allow to dry.
3. Paint polka dots in the other colors on each panel.
4. If desired, add straps from the front to back panel to use as suspenders.
5. Cut a hole in the side and insert the paint roller with the handle sticking out of the box.
6. Add a Jester hat and a big smile!
Amazon smile boxes can be used for all kinds of costumes! They can even be used for décor items and even treat containers for passing out candy! Be sure to check out the other #boxtumes ideas on Twitter and Instagram!