&That’s just not okay with me, because you’re all amazing people and I don’t think any of us should waste any more time being upset!
So with the help of that toolbox & an online kit, I’m starting my own Happiness Project group! I’m awaiting the information from the website (apparently they don’t man the switches at 1AM PST… go figure.) but in the meantime I wanted to post the creed, along with some pictures that make me happy:
A Happiness Manifesto
by Gretchen Rubin
- To be happy, you need to consider feeling good, feeling bad, and feeling right, in an atmosphere of growth.
- One of the best ways to make yourself happy is to make other people happy; One of the best ways to make other people happy is to be happy yourself.
- The days are long, but the years are short.
- You’re not happy unless you think you’re happy.
- Your body matters.
- Happiness is other people.
- Think about yourself so you can forget yourself.
- “It is easy to be heavy: hard to be light.”—G. K. Chesterton
- What’s fun for other people may not be fun for you, and vice versa.
- Best is good, better is best.
- Outer order contributes to inner calm.
- Happiness comes not from having more, not from having less, but from wanting what you have.
Now, like I said I’m still awaiting the literature for the group, so I have no idea how structured this is or what the group members have to do. But as far as I’m concerned- do as much or as little as makes you happy. That’s the point, isn’t it? I’d love for you to join me in trying to consciously improve my life, my mood and my attitude and find some happiness of your own. Even if you are happy as can be- join me in embracing that feeling! Leave me a comment & if you are a blogger I’ll leave a link to your blog in my sidebar once I set up my group section!
Anyway, I’ll post more when I know more but in the meantime, keep your fingers crossed for me- we’re waiting to hear back from the Realtor about the house that we put an offer on!
What or who makes you happy? Leave it in the comments!