A few months ago, I announced that I was a #MaytagMoms Kitchen Ambassador & showed you my horrible old kitchen appliances. Well last month, my shiny new appliances came & I feel like I have a whole new kitchen!
Previously, my kitchen was stuck in the 90’s, with barely functioning white appliances. Now that I have new, modern, stainless steel ones, I feel like my kitchen is actually in this century! And most importantly, I can actually depend on my appliances now.
For over 100 years, Maytag has been a dependable name in appliances. With the holidays quickly approaching, I needed something that I could rely on, instead of my old junk. I was sick of having to use a filter on my faucet since the water was undrinkable from my old fridge. The microwave seemed to have two settings- I could choose between my food being frozen in the middle or scalding and burnt. It’s so nice finally having appliances that I know will do what they’re made to do!
&They have some really cool features. Pretty much every feature amazes me since the appliances I had before now were so run down, but there are a few that I haven’t seen anywhere else:
1. The water dispenser can either count how many ounces of water you’re using, or you can set it to the amount you want & it will automatically dispense it for you. It makes it easier when using water as an ingredient in cooking, and it makes it easier for me to keep track of how much water I’m drinking every day! I’ve actually been drinking a lot more water lately because of this feature.
2. The microwave has a lot of presets! I loved having a popcorn setting on my old microwave because I thought that was pretty high tech. This one has a ridiculous amount of presets in both the “Kid Menu” & the “Snack Menu”. The kid menu includes presets for common kid foods like chicken nuggets, while the snack menu has things like nachos. I haven’t played around with these too much yet since I’ve been trying to stay away from too many snacks, but it’s fun to have the option & it’ll be great for entertaining, when I will be serving snacks.
3. The stove has five burners! This may or may not be more common than I realize, but personally I’ve never seen this. Even if it’s common- it’s pretty awesome. Usually I’m just cooking for three people, so I don’t need five burners every single night, but I’ve already found myself using all five on a couple of occasions & with upcoming Holiday cooking, this will be a huge time saver.
4. The dishwasher’s controls are on the top of the door, hiding them from sight. This is another feature that may be common, but that I’ve never seen. If you check out my old dishwasher in the “Before” post, you’ll see just how much the controls stood out on the old one. They even had their own panel! But the new dishwasher’s settings are completely hidden from view unless the dishwasher is open. Plus, the dishwasher has way more settings than any I’ve owned before, including Jet Clean & Steam Sanitize.
5. The microwave has a shelf in it so that you can cook two things at one time! It’s so funny because I’ve used this feature a lot, but I still forget I have it. Just last night, I found myself warming up Justin’s food, and then my own. I was halfway through mine when I realized I could have done them both at the same time!
I’m so impressed with my new appliances, and I haven’t even put them to the real test yet: Thanksgiving!
Note: I wrote this post participating in an Maytag Moms Dependable Kitchen Ambassador program by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Maytag. I was provided with a Maytag kitchen appliances set, including a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and range to facilitate my post.